About Me

My Blog List

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Food Tech Friday- Magic Bullet

The Magic Bullet at work this afternoon, helping me cook

   I know I know I know, it's saturday morning. At Oh-Dark Thirty O' Clock...... I'm just now getting around to writing this after digesting the amazing meal it helped me create. This weeks Food Tech Friday blog is about a fairly new little friend of mine called the Magic Bullet Blender. At right around $40 for the set (the price we got it for at Costco anyways) this little machine works wonders.

   First I'll tell you what it won't do. Unlike some of the insane machines out there, it wont eat a golf club, it wont turn a bunch of random ingredients into the best spinach ice cream you've ever had, and it wont replace a whole foods blender or even a good juicer.

   But heres what it can do, and does well. I use the magic bullet for things like whipping up a mousse, or even some whipped cream. For grinding everything from herbs to coffee to fresh tea. For chopping up nuts, and occasionally some onion. For making a great home made completely emulsified balsamic vinigarette, and even for making the occasional smoothie. So while it won't mow your lawn or do your taxes, the Magic Bullet is definately a machine to be recon'd with.

   The machine comes with the base, 2 large jars with handles, 2 small jars with handles, 2 large and 2 small without, a chopping blade and a grinding blade, a couple of sealed covers, a cover with a strainer, a large blender type jar, and some trim rings that screw in place so you can drink right out of the jars, as well as multiple seals and other little trinkets I haven't even begun to explore the possibility of.
 
   Honestly its a great little countertop device to have around, and we use ours daily if not multiple times a day. So go pick you one up at your local retail establishment and start experimenting!

- Bon Appetit!


0 comments: